Format & Call Letters
Agriculture News/Talk/Weather Radio- KASM 1150 AM
KASM 1150 AM is Your Dependable Neighbor and a one-stop shop in Central Minnesota for all things farm, news, weather, and local sports!
Agriculture generates 20 percent of the U.S. gross national product. KASM 1150 AM is dedicated to being Central Minnesota agriculture source. From keeping producers informed about what’s happening in their industry to educating consumers we keep you informed with the latest agriculture news you need to best manage your business.
Farmers and ranchers listen to KASM 1150 AM for farm news, weather, markets, and ag information. In fact, According to Brownfield Ag News found that radio surpassed all other forms of media for farmers and ranchers every single day and that 89% of farmers and ranchers listened to farm radio nationwide at least three times per week!
KASM 1150 AM reports on farm and ranch news including poultry, dairy, beef, horses, sheep, row crops and forages, farm business management, product information, farm safety, new ag initiatives, organic farms and farming, legislative matters, rural issues, market conditions and more for ranchers and producers.
KASM 1150 AM has been Central Minnesota’s locally owned and operated dependable neighbor for nearly 60 years, and strives to bring content to the airwaves that farmers in a saturated market can rely on daily. KASM keeps listeners informed.
For those in agriculture, KASM 1150 AM provides the most comprehensive coverage of markets, farm news and coverage of local, statewide and national events. If agriculture needs to know, they turn to KASM 1150 AM.
KASM 1150 AM delivers Ag News that connects producers with consumers. More ranchers & farmers listen to Ag Radio more than any other radio format!
KASM 1150 AM is targeted to reach Affluent Men 35+ with high earning power in their prime spending years.
- The Ag News/Talk Format is the No.1 format to market to producers & farmers.
- The Ag News/Talk Format targets adults aged 35 + and producers 25+.
- The Ag News/Talk Format has some of the most educated and affluent listeners.
KASM 1150 AM is the radio home of Central Minnesota’s local high school boys and girls sports including football, volleyball, hockey, basketball, softball, and baseball. We also cover the playoffs and state tournaments for several sports.
KASM 1150AM is very active in the community, and is a cornerstone at many annual farmers’s and business expos, including The Great Central MN Farm Show, The MN Ag Expo, The MN Pork Expo, Central Plains Dairy Expo, and more!
KASM 1150 AM Ag News Talk format is a very effective way to reach new customers with a high disposable income.
KASM 1150 AM Listener Profile
KASM 1150 AM targets listeners in their prime spending years.
The KASM listener:
- Are the decision-makers of their household and/or farm.
- Are loyal and listen for long periods of time.
- Are business-savvy and look for information to keep them informed on their market and keep their businesses profitable.
- Are primary 35 to 64+ with a secondary demographic: 25 to 54.
Gender Profile: The majority of KASM 1150 AM's listeners are males. Most of this consumer group falls significantly into the important 25-64 age group.
Marital Status: Most of KASM 1150 AM's listeners are married or engaged.
Occupation Profile: KASM 1150 AM targets individuals who are employed fulltime in a variety of occupations including: owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical of farms or ranches.
Education Profile: The Ag News/Talk Format attracts listeners that are well educated. The majoriety have attended or completed college.
Activities: KASM 1150 AM attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, biking, hunting, fishing, boating, golfing, gardening, and hiking. KASM 1150 AM li
steners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars and restaurants.
Investments: KASM 1150 AM targets listeners who have high incomes, are home owners, and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, and investment real estate.
KASM 1150 AM listeners are a demographically appealing group that includes high income earners and is a very effective way to reach new customers.
Market Your business to thousands of potential customers each week with KASM 1150 AM.
Consumer Spending And Investment Profile
KASM 1150 AM's News/Talk/Sports Radio format attracts consumers that spend heavily in the following categories in the past year.
Many of KASM 1150 AM's listeners:
- Purchased books in the past year.
- Purchased garden supplies in the past year.
- Purchased flowers as a gift in the past year.
- Purchased men's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased men's shoes in the past year.
- Purchased women's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased fine jewelry in the past year.
- Purchased children's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased wine and beer in the past year.
- Purchased goods online on the Internet in the past year.
- Purchased small appliances in the past year.
- Purchased a vehicle in the past two years.
KASM 1150 AM targets listeners with retail purchasing power.
KASM 1150 AM Listeners Have Spending Power!
KASM 1150 AM targets home owners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement.
Home Spending: KASM 1150 AM listeners spend heavily in these areas.
- Interior painting/wall paper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home project(s)
Over 50% spent more than $5000-$10,000 on home improvements and renovation in the past two years.
KASM 1150 AM Ag News/Talk/Sports Radio targets listeners with purchasing power.
KASM 1150 AM Listeners In The Past Year:
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smart phones, MP3 players, and HDTV's.
- Were big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoyed going out to fine restaurants often every month. Over 80% went out in the past month.
KASM 1150 AM listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
KASM 1150 AM Is Built For AG Advertisers
Ag Talk radio is foreground radio. Unlike music radio, talk radio commands attention. Talk radio listeners aren't just button-pushers who stop pushing buttons when they hear a song they like. They're LISTENING, closely.
Ag Talk radio is the best environment for an advertising message. Because Talk Radio is the spoken word, commercials don't interrupt programming the way they halt music Radio. In music Radio, the most common point of tune-out is when a commercial begins. Yet Talk listeners regard commercials as informative.
Ag Talk radio is a resource. Because listeners use it for Ag news, weather, sports scores, and business news, listeners find talk radio informative. They BELIEVE what they hear.
Ag Talk radio listeners are more involved. Because they're paying attention, and bonding with on-air personalities, they're more likely to respond to advertising messages.
KASM 1150 AM is unique from other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to KASM 1150 AM differently.
KASM 1150 AM is a high impact foreground listening medium. We cater to affluent, fast-paced professionals who love to hear the latest Ag news, sports, weather events and stories.
KASM 1150 AM listeners are actively listening to get the Ag information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on KASM 1150 AM.
Research has shown that News Talk Radio is 3.3 times more effective in general advertising results than music stations, making it a must buy for advertisers wanting to increase business.
KASM 1150 AM is built for Ag advertisers. We deliver an affluent audience that can't be reached by any other radio station making KASM 1150 AM a great investment to help you get more customers.
The KASM 1150 AM News Talk format is one of the strongest radio formats for farm news in USA today!
The KASM 1150 AM Line-up Monday To Friday
KASM 1150 AM features some of the most highly listened to Ag talk in Minnesota. Our News Talk programming features:
- Dairy Radio Now Program
- Local Livestock Barn sale updates
- Brownfield Ag News
- Daily Extension Report
- Ag Weather
- Local/Statewide Temps Update
- Market updates (cheese/butter/milk/stock market)
- School News
- Ag Events
- Living the Country Life Program
- Extension Report
- AgriTalk Program
- Central MN Cattle Report
- Closing Markets Reports
- Local Market Recap
To view our full Monday to Friday schedule click here.
The KASM 1150 AM sales team can help you make the right marketing decisions to grow your business and reach thousands of potential new customers each week.
- Get top of mind awareness with thousands of customers each week.
So Why Advertise With KASM 1150 AM
- Increase traffic with a campaign designed to increase sales.
- Drive new traffic to your business seven days a week.
- Build your business’s image with potential new Ag customers quickly.
- Reinforce your brand's name and image with current customers.
- Increase recall with Ag consumers during the important buying cycle.
- Priced right making it a very affordable investment.
KASM 1150 AM reaches the right people who have Ag spending power!
- Ag News & Weather sponsorships
- Dairy Update sponsorships
- Sports sponsorships
- Regional Livestock Reports sponsorships
- Ag business News sponsorships
- Commodity Update sponsorships
- Livestock Futures sponsorships
- Grain Report sponsorships
- Futures Update sponsorships
KASM 1150 AM Ag News/Talk is one of the most powerful performing formats for Ag advertisers today!
KASM 1150 AM Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here